Booking Policy and Covid-19 Procedures
Wow, what a weird time we’re in. But if 2020 bike sales give any indication of where trends are heading, it seems like you all want to get out and ride your bike. So here we are starting a business in the middle of a pandemic.
We take this pandemic seriously and we ask that our guests please respect these guidelines.
As we navigate these uncertain times, Ridetheory recognizes that more flexibility is needed than ever before. With this in mind, the following cancellation policy applies. If you cancel:
- 15+ days prior to start date: Credit (minus booking fee and 10% administration fee) OR 50% refund minus booking fees.
- 7-14 days prior to start date: Credit (minus booking fee and 10% administration fee).
- 6 or less days prior to start date: No refund.
Credits are valid until the last date of operation for the season. Courses can only be cancelled once.
EXCEPTIONS to the above policy are as follows:
- COVID-19 travel restrictions or health advisories change after you have registered and based on these updated restrictions, you are no longer able to attend.
- If you are showing any signs of illness at the start of the course, have tested positive for COVID-19 or are in required isolation due to exposure to COVID-19.
We will handle these situations on a case by case basis. Please contact us to discuss further.
Please note that while courses run rain or shine, we reserve the right to cancel lessons or tours due to unsafe inclement weather, insufficient bookings or for any events beyond our control. Participants will have the choice of attending the alternate dates arranged or receiving a full refund.
Participants and instructors will be required to complete a health screening 24 hours prior to the event and will not be allowed to join if:
- They are feeling ill or have any of the symptoms including but not limited to; fever, cough, sore throat, headache, trouble breathing, loss of taste of smell, unusual fatigue, unusual aches and pains, diarrhea, nausea.
- They were determined to be in close contact with a person who has tested positive for Covid-19
- They, or anyone in their household, have travelled to any other countries outside of Canada (including the United States) in the past 14 days.
During all sessions:
- A distance of 2 m will be maintained between the group at all times.
- Both instructors and participants over the age of 12 will be required to carry a face covering (eg. mask or buff-style neck tube) to be used in situations if a 2 m distance cannot be maintained.
- The group will not be permitted to share or touch each other’s equipment, tools or food.
- Instructors will carry hand-sanitizer on them. We encourage participants to do the same.
- If there is a mechanical issue and the participant cannot fix their own bike, only the instructor will be permitted to touch the bike with the participant keeping a 2 m distance.
- If a first aid situation arises, the instructor will make a judgement call based on the need for wound treatment and emotional support and the need to limit close contact. All staff will be equipped with necessary PPE in addition to their first aid kits.